Guidelines for Parents on Field Trips
We are so grateful to parents who volunteer to help us on field trips. We could not provide the enriched program that we do without your help.
There are several specific requests we have for parent chaperones that will be helpful to us:
- Assume responsibility for all the children in your group. Keep the group together at all times. Never let a child go somewhere alone, even if it’s only to the bathroom.
- Expect the children to be courteous and respectful participants at all times, especially to the guide. You may address any behavior you feel is inappropriate if there is not teacher present.
- Remember this is a school trip and you are there for that purpose. Keep chatting with other parents to a minimum, particularly if a guide is speaking.
- Please find childcare for any younger siblings. You are not going simply to accompany your own child but to be responsible for a group of children.
- Please don't buy a snack or special treat from the gift shop for the children in your group. While it's very generous, it leaves other children feeling left out.
- Obviously, no smoking in the presence of the children nor use of any substance which could impede your ability to be a fully functioning, responsible adult.
- Please do not use your own cell phone for any reason other than an emergency.
- If you need to call the school for any reason or there is an emergency, call 610 399-7962 or 610 399-0123.