Not just what science is, but what science means
Science at Westtown helps you understand the natural world. We encourage you to question, to explore your surroundings, to seek answers and to look at the world from different perspectives. Humans profoundly impact the world today. Understanding this impact helps our students become better stewards of the natural world.
The school's large and bio-diverse campus is utilized to explore topics, for field observations and is a living lab.
The scientific method is one way to acquire and test knowledge. At Westtown, you have first-hand experience with the scientific method: designing experiments, organizing and analyzing data, and interpreting results. The school's large and bio-diverse campus is utilized to explore topics, for field observations and is a living lab. Frequent group work and lab partners help you learn that scientific investigation is often a collaborative endeavor.
- State-of-the-art $13m science center
- A sequence of courses which builds from the most basic physical force to complex life processes
- Second-year courses in each discipline which allow for deeper exploration of topics with applications to the most current topics in contemporary science
- Fully equipped laboratory space with funding to update equipment
- 600-acre campus with a variety of environments and habitats
- Knowledgeable faculty with a diversity of talents and experiences in science
- Action-based projects
- Freedom within the classroom to be flexible to student interests and faculty expertise
- A challenging curriculum for students with different abilities and interests
- Scientific approach to informing students about social and global concerns