In addition to need-based financial aid, Westtown School offers merit scholarships. These scholarships recognize exceptional students who demonstrate passion for and excellence in academics, arts, athletics, global engagement, or leadership.
- New students applying to 6th through 12th grade
- Returning Westtown students rising into 6th or 9th grade
- Select one merit category for which to apply
- Complete the Merit Scholarship application form by January 15
- Select a non-parent adult to complete the merit recommendation form by January 15
- Consider applying for need-based Financial aid (though this is not a requirement). To learn more about this process and to apply, visit our Financial Aid page.
There are a limited number of new awards each year. Grants for Middle School students are $2,500 and grants for Upper School students range from $2,500 to $15,000.
Renewal of Awards:
Grants are reviewed annually (it is not necessary to apply again) based on two criteria:
- The student continues to engage meaningfully and at a high level in their area of passion.
- The student continues to meet community standards in other areas.
Failure in either of the above could result in loss of the award for one or multiple years, based on consultation with the division principal. The award criteria are measured at the end of the first semester of each academic year.