Some of the best classrooms have no walls at all
We have the great fortune of being situated on 600+ beautiful acres of a living laboratory. Use of the campus is woven into the curriculum in all 3 divisions.
- All students learn cooperative problem-solving skills on the 22-element ropes course
- Lower school students use the frog pond and operate their own mini farm and medicine garden
- Middle School students venture to the arboretum to study tree populations and ecosystems and they learn canoeing skills on the lake
- Upper School students in the Advanced Research Ecology course spend most of their time among the diverse plant life found on campus
- All students participate in the life of the Farm @ Westtown, our student-run organic farm
- All students learn about sustainable living practices by how we live and take care of our campus
A Westtown education isn't only delivered inside four walls of the classroom, but also in this vast environment where exploration, inquiry and hands-on experience are possible just outside the door.