NEW THIS YEAR: For the first time, we will have several student-led sessions on topics ranging from identity to student activism. Young adults of diverse backgrounds and their allies will find a welcoming space here at Westtown.
Key Information for Students/Parents, College Admissions Professionals, School and CBO Counselors and Diversity Directors
- When: Saturday October 19, 2019
- Host: Westtown School, 975 Westtown Road, West Chester, PA 19382
- Location: Twenty-five miles west of Philadelphia, fifteen miles north of Wilmington
- Invited: Students and parents from diverse racial, ethnic, and socio-economic backgrounds as well as their allies from more than 100 independent schools, charter schools, and community based organizations.
- Directions: click here.
- Cost: No charge for high school students, parents, guardians, or high school/CBO personnel.
- Local Accommodations: click here.
|8:00 - 8:45 am||Registration opens and continues throughout the day|
|9:00am - 10:00am||Conference Workshops: Session #1|
|10:15am - 11:15pm||Conference Workshops: Session #2|
|11:30am - 1:10pm||Lunch|
|12:45 pm - 1:45pm||Conference Assembly: Keynote and Panel Discussion. Keynote Speaker: Dr. José Antonio Bowen, Past President of Goucher College |
|1:45 pm - 4:00pm||College Fair in the Westtown School Field House|
Conference Workshops will be led by admissions professionals, college counselors, young alumni enrolled in college, and students.
Topics will include:
- The anatomy of the application
- Checking the box(es)
- Selective colleges
- Paying for college
- Recruitment & playing sports in college
- Finding support on campus
- Staying healthy through the college process
- Women’s colleges
- Liberal arts in the 21st century?
- Universities in the South & Midwest
- Visual & performing arts colleges and programs
- Historically Black Colleges and Universities