Our Mission & Values
Guided by the essential Quaker calling to seek out and honor that of God in each of us, Westtown School challenges its students to realize their individual gifts while learning and living together in a diverse community. Westtown inspires and prepares its graduates to be stewards and leaders of a better world.
What we teach and how we teach are reflections of the ideals upon which Westtown was founded. At the heart of our curriculum, our interactions with one another, and our community life are the values and practices of the Religious Society of Friends - the Quakers. What does this mean at our school?
- that each voice is valued and encouraged
- that we have a profound respect for diversity
- we have a dedication to peace and justice in community and in the world
- we maintain a special focus on service, stewardship, and social responsibility
- Our values make us who we are.