Science Center Expansion and Renovation
It's all about program and flexibility for the fast-changing world of laboratory science. Westtown was one of the first to pioneer the Physics First model in the 1990's. That innovation led to more students at Westtown excited about lab sciences so now with the same student population we have on average about 125 more students in lab sciences. We continue to innovate in our curriculum, doubling the number of course offerings in the last 15 years with exciting new courses in engineering and many more. And because our students are so strong in science and passionate about it, we need a building to empower and enable independent study.
More than a Building - Westonian Spring 2014
- The national average of students majoring in some form of science is 16%, but 23% of Westtown grads major in science, technology, engineering, or math (STEM)!
- Upper School science class enrollment has increased by 33% in the last 13 years.
- The Middle School has totally revamped their science curriculum.
- The new building is LEED Gold certified, making Westtown "greener" than ever!
- Check out the Science Center's real time energy and water use here
What is the Science Center?
- The LEED- Gold certified building* contains six labs in the new wing, and renovations to the existing structure includes dedicated space for the expanding Robotics and Engineering Program, and more room for independent research by students.