Innovative teaching + real world applications = engaged students.
Through the course of a Westtown math education, students are exposed to many different ways of defining and framing problems, as well as solving them. Collaborative work, in-depth exploratory projects, and an emphasis on critical thinking skills pervade our curriculum as we continually seek creative ways to help learners.
- Identifying mathematical questions, generalizing from particular examples, and using abstract reasoning
- Analysis of data, graphic representation, and experience creating mathematical models for the systems generating the data
- A rigorous, theoretical development of math systems both algebraic and geometric
- Experience in using calculators, programming languages and applications software
- Exploratory projects that apply math to every-day problems
- Exceptional rigor and challenge for the most advanced math students (we offer Linear Algebra and Differential Equations) as well as essential classes for the who thrive with a slower pace
- Advanced Math Independent Research
- Math Lab staffed by Math Department faculty that supports all levels of math students