Families for Multicultural Community
Celebrating and enhancing Westtown's commitment to diversity
Families for Multicultural Community (FMC) comprises parents, teachers, administrators, and high school student leaders. Our goal is to provide a network of support for students, parents, and faculty of color and to offer events and initiatives designed to forge deeper unity within the Westtown community through multicultural dialogue, art, and education. This group is open to families from all backgrounds.
Please feel free to reach out to anyone below for more information about FMC or our events.
Some of the work of the Families for Multicultural Community Program have included:
- Hosting gatherings of new and current families of color
- Supporting the Admissions Department in the recruitment and retention of students of color
- Providing boarding students of color with host families from among the Westtown parent body
- Supporting the hiring and retention of faculty of color
- Providing seminars/workshops to parents and faculty on subjects pertaining to diversity and multiculturalism
- Providing seminars/workshops to Upper School students
- Co-hosting the "Independent School Multicultural Conference and College Fair"
with Westtown's administration