Westtown School is a Quaker, coeducational, college preparatory day and boarding school for students in pre-kindergarten through 12th grade, located less than one hour west of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
The Director is responsible for the overall attainment of key fund raising targets/goals to secure non-tuition revenue in support of the school's financial sustainability; for setting the strategy for all aspects of Advancement and philanthropy at Westtown School; and for building lasting relationships with donors.
Overall responsibility for philanthropic activities, notably the design, development and execution of all fundraising-related efforts; campaigns (annual and capital); donor relationships; planned and endowment giving; and alumni and parent engagement. The Director of Advancement is a member of our senior leadership team and reports directly to the Head of School. In addition, manages the Advancement team and collaborates with other key departments in the School. Required travel time is approximately 50% - locally, nationally and/or internationally.
- Bachelor’s degree required; advanced degree is a plus
- Ten+ years of experience in Advancement, with proven track record of leadership, accomplishment and goal attainment, including a minimum of 5 years managing an Advancement department or team
- Demonstrated successful Advancement work/goal attainment with schools (independent, private, or boarding schools), non-profit organizations, or higher education preferred
- Experienced with diversity and can demonstrate a high degree of cultural competency
- Experience with CRM databases - Raiser’s Edge® preferred
- Ropes Course Support Staff
- Archery Instructors
- Arts & Craft Instructors
- Outdoor Skills/Camping Instructors
- Nature/Environmental Education Instructors
- Watercraft Staff & Lifeguards
Catering Personnel: Westtown School is seeking several On-Call Catering Personnel to prepare and service special events on campus. The catering personnel will be responsible executing catering that is consistent with school programming. Strong communication skills are essential as well as maintaining professionalism with all students and parents. Qualified, interested candidates who wish to apply should visit http://tiny.cc/westtown_
- Performs assigned tasks associated with special events and athletic tournaments (including but not limited to); raising and lowering nets and basketball hoops, trash disposal, wayfinding, traffic flow, cleaning, and customer service.
- Serves as an in-person liaison for outside groups actively renting facilities.
- Executes guidelines for the security of all rental facilities and areas.
- Maintains the proper and professional condition of facilities.
- Maintain a high degree of professionalism in all interactions with students, guardians, staff and teachers and communicate effectively orally
- Immediately reports any child accident/incidents or suspected child abuse injury to the Director of Auxiliary Programs.
- Fill out appropriate reports and follow all emergency procedures
- Attend staff meetings, training's, and any other meetings deemed necessary by the Auxiliary Program Director or Assistant Head of School in charge of operations.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Must have or willing to obtain a valid First Aid/CPR certificate
- Must pass all current Pennsylvania state and federal requirements pertaining to working with children
- Possess the ability to lead children in approved and appropriate activities
- Must have auditory and visual ability sufficient to monitor each child's ongoing activity as appropriate
- Job time commitment: Times differ and Special Event and Tournament Schedules.
- Weekly time needs may range between 3 hours per week to 40 hours per week (during heavy Special Event and tournament periods
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Ability to accept supervision and guidance
- Ability to follow and execute schedules and activity plans
- Ability to work with a diversity of individuals and/or school-aged groups
- Consistently demonstrate positive discipline;teach and redirect consistently
- Express clear expectations and hold children accountable for adhering to them
- Help children to develop a positive self-esteem and sense of worth
- Consistently demonstrate and reinforce the values of caring, respect, honesty and responsibility
Watercraft Staff: Westtown School Summer Camps seeks an experienced Canoeing Instructor (ideally with a current American Canoe Association instructional certificate in canoeing and lifeguard training) to lead watercraft activities on the school’s lake. Candidates should have 2 or more years of experience working with youth in a school or camp setting. Qualified, interested candidates who wish to apply please visit: http://tiny.cc/westtown_careercenter & select ‘Show All Job Openings’.
Waterfront Lifeguard: Westtown School Summer Camps seeks an experienced Waterfront lifeguard to provide lake front supervision and to ensure a safe environment for the camp’s waterfront activities. Candidates should have current first aid/ CPR/ bloodborne pathogens training and 2 or more years of experience working with youth in a school or camp setting. Qualified, interested candidates who wish to apply please visit: http://tiny.cc/westtown_careercenter & select ‘Show All Job Openings’.
Lower School Music Teacher - Pre-Kindergarten to Fifth Grade: Westtown School is seeking a creative, adaptive, music teacher to begin August 2017. The successful candidate will have see music as a way to express feelings and thoughts and as a way to experiment through movement and production. To inspire students, the teacher must play an instrument with a high level of skill and embody both a love of music while being able to demonstrate the power of music to transform and inform lives. The candidate should have experience instructing students in music theory, harmony, score and sight-reading, composition and music appreciation. Developing a Lower School curriculum modeled on the Orff method is an opportunity for the next music teacher. Fundamental to their teaching practice, the teacher will understand how diversity and inclusion enrich children’s learning and lives. Further, the teacher will use music as a way to deepen and express the values of Friends education. In addition, the responsibilities include: leading choral groups in regular and special performances, collaborating with homeroom teachers for plays and productions and participating in the life of Lower School by attending faculty meetings, monitoring recess and other duties. A BM/BS in Music Education and completion of Orff-Schulwerk Level I are preferred. Minimum three to five years teaching experience is required. Please send a resume, a cover letter, which describes your philosophy of music education, and a list of three references. Qualified, interested candidates who wish to apply please visit: http://tiny.cc/
Part Time Assistant Coaches – Westtown Aquatic Program: Westtown Aquatic Program (WAP) is looking for 3 part-time coaches starting Sept. 2016. Position includes, and is not limited to; 10 and unders group,11-13 year old group and assist the head coach at the senior level. Westtown Aquatics is located on the grounds of Westtown School. Interested applicants should have prior USA-swimming coaching experience or college level swimming experience. Hourly rate will be commensurate with experience. Hours range depending on group placement. Please include – Resume, 3 references, and all current certifications. All inquiries about the positions and submitted resumes will remain confidential. Resumes will be taken until positions are filled. Qualified, interested candidates who wish to apply should visit http://tiny.cc/westtown_careercenter and select Show All Job Openings.
Substitute Teachers and US Tutors: Westtown School is seeking short and long term substitute teachers, PK-12, and Upper School tutors for the 2015-2016 school year. All subject areas are welcome. Must have appropriate clearances. Qualified, interested candidates who wish to apply should visit http://tiny.cc/westtown_
Working at Westtown