The Executive Assistant to the Head of School supports the Head of School in her day-to-day management of school programs and operations. They will also support the work of the Board of Trustees and its standing and ad hoc committees. The Executive Assistant will exercise primary oversight or collaborative responsibilities for such things as:
- Coordination of the Head of School’s calendar and appointments;
- Management of confidential files for the Head and Board of Trustees;
- Providing an efficient, knowledgeable, and welcoming interface between the Head of School office and various constituents, including students, parents, faculty, alumni/ae, and trustees;
- Managing the calendar, materials, communications, and deliverables for the Board of Trustees and executive and standing committees;
- Collaboration with the Communications staff regarding the Head’s written and multi-media communications to the community and public;
- Collaboration with the Advancement staff regarding special events involving the Head of School and Board of Trustees;
- Collaboration with the Advancement staff regarding travel plans and arrangements for the Head of School.
The Executive Assistant coordinates certain institutional and strategic projects and programs at Westtown. They will support and work with the Head of School, the Board of Trustees, and the Administrative Council to prepare, carry out, and report on short- and long-term projects. Responsibilities and partnerships will evolve as needed, and may include:
- Assisting the Head of School in reviewing, implementing, and tracking progress on strategic initiatives;
- Coordinating special projects for the Board of Trustees and executive and standing committees;
- Coordinating special projects for the Administrative Council and Principals’ Group;
- Coordinating internal and external surveys;
- Management of document retention policies and practices school-wide;
- Serving as the Head’s representative on ad hoc committees.
The Executive Assistant acts as liaison between the Head of School and the school community. In this highly visible position, they must be able to communicate and embody Westtown’s core values, including integrity, community, diversity, social justice, spirituality, and intellectual curiosity. With consistent compassion, confidentiality, and good humor, the Executive Assistant must be a role model for the community by respecting, affirming, and protecting the dignity and worth of each visitor and constituent, and setting appropriate professional boundaries.
Requirements for this position are as follows:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent;
- Minimum 10 years administrative support experience or equivalent, including a minimum of three years experience in a
- senior administrative or executive support role;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Flexibility, adaptability, and the willingness to pivot among different tasks;
- Professional, welcoming demeanor and the diplomatic skills to work with a variety of constituents;
- Discretion and the ability to maintain the confidentiality of highly sensitive matters;
- Proficiency in Google suite and experience in (or the ability to master quickly) school management software;
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail;
- Initiative, enthusiasm, and the ability to take on and learn new tasks and projects.
Experience working in independent schools or in an academic environment will be desirable. This is a full-time, 12-month, non-exempt position. Westtown School is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome diverse candidates of all backgrounds, faiths, and persuasions, and seek to foster an inclusive, welcoming community environment. Qualified, interested candidates who wish to apply should visit http://tiny.cc/westtown_career
Co- or Associate Director of College Counseling: Westtown School, a diverse K–12 Quaker day and boarding school located in beautiful Chester County, PA., seeks a Co- or Associate Director of College Counseling with previous college counseling experience, exceptional interpersonal skills, strong facility with technology, and the ability to connect meaningfully with students and families throughout our intentionally diverse community.
The Co- or Associate Director is responsible for counseling approximately 30 students in their junior and senior years; co-teaching Junior and Senior Seminar, our college counseling class; hosting college representatives every fall and communicating with them throughout the year; planning and giving presentations to students, colleagues, and families; and supporting school based standardized testing.
This highly collaborative ten-month position requires a well-organized self-starter with a growth mindset to interact with all constituencies of the school, both internal and external. College counselors at Westtown, like all full time upper school faculty, are also required to participate in our residential program, including a weekly duty night and duty weekends throughout the year.
1) At least three years’ experience in a similar role
2) BA/BS degree
Independent and/or boarding school experience is also valued. The determination of Co- or Associate Director will be based on the experience and skill set of the hired candidate. A competitive salary and benefits package, commensurate with experience, is available. Interested, qualified candidates should send a cover letter and resume to Lana Valenzuela, Director of Human Resources, at http://tiny.cc/westtown_career
Westtown School has an opening starting immediately for a part-time RN in its Student Health Center. The nurse would work afternoon /evening shifts 10-15 hours per week as a member of a team of nurses and be part of a weeknight and weekend on-call rotation for the high school boarding population. A caring demeanor with strong assessment skills is needed to treat students from Pre K thru 12th grades. It is a 9 month, hourly position with no benefits. One year medical surgical experience is required with current CPR. Qualified, interested candidates who wish to apply should visit http://tiny.cc/westtown_
Private Music Lesson Teachers: The Westtown School Private Music Lesson Program is seeking teachers for the 2017-2018 school year. The program is seeking teachers on ALL instruments to be called upon as needed for regular student lessons. Teachers will be responsible for coming to campus to teach lessons in our Arts Center studios on a weekly basis as arranged with individual students. Successful candidates should be highly proficient on their instrument and have experience in teaching grades 4 to 12. Candidates should apply with a letter of interest, resume, and recent recording of your playing. Teachers are responsible for submitting all PA child clearance documents to Human Resources before being hired. Teachers will NOT be employees of the Westtown School. Payment is organized independently with the student and their families. However, help in facilitating meeting times and payment will be provided by the Music Department. Qualified, interested candidates who wish to apply should email email@example.com.
School Van and Bus Drivers: Westtown School is seeking Regular Part Time Van or Bus Drivers am/pm. Salary commensurate with assignment. Current State mandated clearances and Motor Vehicle Record check required before hire. Desire experience transporting students of various ages, good oral communication skills, ability to work independently, read a map and follow written directions. Demonstrate ability to work, interact, and cooperate with others. SCHOOL BUS DRIVERS must have Class B, CDL license with current “S” endorsement and clean driving record. Qualified, interested candidates who wish to apply should visit http://tiny.cc/westtown_
Substitute Teachers and US Tutors: Westtown School is seeking short and long term substitute teachers, PK-12, and Upper School tutors for the 2017-2018 school year. All subject areas are welcome. Must have appropriate clearances. Qualified, interested candidates who wish to apply should visit http://tiny.cc/westtown_
After School Program Assistant - Moosekids Assistant: Westtown School seeks an assistant for its after school program called Moosekids, for Grades PreK to 5th grade. The mission of the program is to offer activities, which feel like a neighborhood of children actively playing with the option of more structured experiences. The ideal candidate will understand how four- to ten-year-olds play and relax after school while facilitating ongoing communication with parents. We are looking for candidates with interests in sports, music, art, the natural world and young children. Organizational skills, a love of children and flexibility are required. The program runs Monday to Friday, 3:30 to 5:00 or 6:00 with additional hours for in-service, partial school days and vacation breaks.
Specifically, the staff will:
- Develop connections with the Lower School children who attend Moosekids
- Support the work and report to the Director of Auxiliary Programming
- Provide empathetic, attentive care for children
- Organize outdoor games
- Create open ended, creative art projects
- Facilitate building community
- Help resolve the inevitable conflicts of play and sports in ways that align with Quaker practices
- Oversee homework
- Coordinate with Lower School on attendance and enrollment tracking
- Maintain shared space and respect established Lower School procedures and rules
- Communicate closely with parents about daily interactions during Moosekids
- Bachelors Degree or working toward a Bachelors Degree
- Experience organizing children
- Ability to start in September
Westtown School is an EOE