Transportation Information for Boarding Students
Westtown School supports students and families by offering transportation services on weekends, at school breaks and at other times, too.
Travel to and from Westtown School
- If a student needs to get to or from the Paoli, PA Train Station (for access to the 30th Street Station and the AMTRAK system to points North or South), please contact the transportation office at email@example.com for information.
Major School Vacations
- For Thanksgiving, Winter, and Spring Breaks, the school will provide shuttles to 30th Street Station, Philadelphia (AMTRAK and BOLT bus) and the Philadelphia airport at vacation break for a fee. There is an online sign-up available one month prior to the scheduled break. Students traveling via JFK or Newark Airports should contact the Transportation Office for help arranging shuttle or Limo Service to those destinations. Please note the following vacation drop-off and pick up times for 2018-2019:
November 16 Shuttles depart for 30th Street and Philadelphia Airport at 11:30 a.m.
November 26 Pick up at 30th Street Station and Philadelphia Airport at 7:00 p.m.
December 19 Shuttles depart for 30th Street and Philadelphia Airport at 11:30 a.m.
January 2 Pick up at 30th Street Station and Philadelphia Airport at 7:00 p.m.
March 8 Shuttles depart for 30th Street and Phila Airport at 11:30 a.m.
March 25 Pick up at 30th Street Station and Philadelphia Airport at 7:00 p.m.
DEPARTING Westtown: Please book all train travel reservations after 1 pm; domestic flights after 2 pm; international flights after 3 pm.
RETURNING to Westtown: Please select trains and flights that arrive before 6:45pm.
Philadelphia Airport: the shuttle will stop at ZONE 8 or the area where public transportation and taxis pick up (in each terminal near Baggage Claim) at 7:00pm.
Unaccompanied Minors: Children under the age of 15 who are traveling alone on a plane or under 16 traveling alone on a train are unaccompanied minors and are required to be accompanied by a chaperone who must sign a waiver and wait with the child until it is time to board. While we will try to accommodate unaccompanied minors, Westtown School is unable to commit numerous chaperones for an indeterminate period of time. Listed below are local companies that will provide this service to you.
Taxis and Limousine Services:
Main Line Taxi (610-272-1000, www.mainlinetaxi.com/) offers service to the Airport
Diamond Cab (302-658-4321) offers service to Wilmington Train Station
Super Trans (215-333-1441, www.supertranspa.com/) offers service to JFK and Newark ***unaccompanied minors***
Mid-Atlantic Limousine (610-431-4800, www.midatlanticlimo.com/) offers service to Philadelphia, JFK, and Newark ***unaccompanied minors***
Other Transportation Information:
If a student requires Westtown transportation for off-campus medical or other services, a fee will be applied to the student’s account.
If you have general questions about transportation, please contact Kirstie Wills, Transportation Manager, at 610-399-7433 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- ThuSep19 Admissions Office Meeting 10:30 AM to 12:00 PMAdmissions Conference Room
- ThuSep26 Admissions Office Meeting 10:30 AM to 12:00 PMAdmissions Conference Room
- MonSep30 Rosh Hashanah; No LS/MS/US Classes