We are delighted that you are interested in attending Westtown School where you will be inspired and challenged to realize your individual gifts in a diverse community. Through our application process, we encourage you to get to know Westtown School on a deeper level as we get to know you! We look forward to getting to know you!
To apply, follow the steps below.
- Day applications must be completed by December 31st, and admission decisions will be communicated by February 1st.
- Boarding applications must be completed by January 15th, and admission decisions will be communicated on March 10th.
- Applications will be accepted after the deadlines, and will be considered if space is available in your grade of interest.
If you don’t find all the information you need here, we welcome your questions and would love to speak with you. Call us at 610-399-7900 or email [email protected] anytime.
STEP 1: Request Information
To start the admission process, please complete our Inquiry Form online.
We welcome prospective international families to inquire. Westtown School is a SEVIS-approved school approved by the U.S. Department of Justice/Immigration and Naturalization Service to host students with F-1 Status Student Visas. Westtown issues I-20 Certificate of Eligibility for Nonimmigrant (F-1) Student Forms to enrolled students to support their F-1 Visa. International students who have a U.S.Permanent Residency card must submit a copy to the Admissions Office so we can determine if the applicant is eligible to enroll at Westtown School.
STEP 2: Begin Your Application
Begin the Standard Application Online (SAO). Click “Register/login” or “Get started with the SAO.” If this is your first SAO application, you will need to create an SSAT/SAO account. If you have used SAO before, you will simply log in. Complete Section 1, the biographical section of the SAO, and submit it to us. This enables us to begin working with your application. Over time, complete and submit the student and parent essays, recommendations, and transcripts. We will also send you a short supplemental form to complete.
Applicants from China:
For the 2023-2024 school year, we accept applicants for the 9th grade only. We consider applicants for 10th grade only if they are currently enrolled in a Junior Boarding School.
The SAO Application must be completed by the application deadline of January 15. All recommendations and documents submitted must be completed in or translated to English. Admission decisions will be communicated to applicants on March 10.
- Vericant interviews, conducted in China, are required and must be completed by January 15. Click here to set up your Vericant Interview. We do not offer on-campus interviews.
- We require all applicants to interview with Vericant to ensure that those who cannot travel to Westtown are not disadvantaged.
- Selected applicants may be invited for a virtual interview.
STEP 3: Schedule a Virtual Tour, Student Visit or Interview
Schedule a Virtual Tour, Student Visit, or Interview
For Upper School, we will conduct guided virtual tours and interviews. Contact the Admissions Office at 610-399-7900 or email [email protected] and your admission counselor will reach out to schedule.
For Chinese families, in lieu of on-campus tours, we are offering a virtual tour. Please click here to take the tour
STEP 4: Standardized Testing
- Testing is required for all Upper School applicants. Applicants are welcome to submit the ISEE, PSAT, PACT, SAT or ACT in lieu of the SSAT.
- Westtown School is one of the test locations for the SSAT for the general public. Testing dates for all locations and registration can be found on the SSAT website.
- For international applicants, please click here for information regarding language testing.
STEP 5: Financial Aid
If interested in Financial Aid, click here.