We know that how your child gets to school is an important consideration for you as you explore schools. There are several options open to parents of day students. Thirteen local school districts provide transportation to Westtown.
Westtown School also provides a transportation service for those students who do not reside in a school district that provides busing or who live within a district and prefer Westtown’s service. There is an additional fee to use Westtown School’s transportation services.
And, of course, many parents drive their children to school and many elect to carpool.
We provide transportation for Westtown students who either reside in a school district that does not provide busing, or who reside within a district that does provide bus service but prefer Westtown’s offering.
We try to provide door-to-door service for as many families as possible using our fleet of passenger vans which are air conditioned and seat belt/shoulder harness equipped. There may, however, be times when the school determines that we are not able to accommodate door-to-door service. In those cases, we will try to find a mutually acceptable meeting location.
We provide booster seats for all children under the age of 8. All drivers are Westtown employees who have passed school and Pennsylvania mandated background checks, have had appropriate safety training, are subject to random drug testing, and are required to have an annual physical. Our drivers take the time to get to know your children, and they provide a welcoming, friendly experience from the time your children leave home in the morning until they return in the afternoon. Please contact the Transportation Office for more information about van routes and fees for these services.
Transportation Information for Boarding Students
Westtown School supports students and families by offering transportation services on weekends, at school breaks and at other times, too.
Travel to and from Westtown School
Westtown School provides a shuttle each Friday afternoon to the Paoli Station (train to 30th Street Station, Philadelphia.) to connect to poits North or South. The cost for the shuttle will be split among the riders of the shuttle. The shuttle leaves school at 3:45 p.m. on Fridays, and picks up at Paoli at 4:45 p.m. on Sundays.
- Note: All shuttles will be scheduled based on demand. If there are no sign-ups for a particular bus, it will be subject to cancellation. Please plan accordingly. Signups are on Polaris (the weekend activity signup site), and must be in by noon on Friday.
Major School Vacations
- For Thanksgiving, winter, and spring breaks, the school will provide shuttles to 30th Street Station, Philadelphia (AMTRAK and BOLT bus) and the Philadelphia airport at vacation break for a fee. There is an online sign-up available one month prior to the scheduled break. Students traveling via JFK or Newark Airports should contact the Transportation Office for help arranging shuttle or limo service to those destinations.
DEPARTING Westtown: Please book all train travel reservations after 1:00 p.m.; domestic flights after 2:00 p.m.; international flights after 3:00 p.m.
RETURNING to Westtown: Please select trains and flights that arrive before 6:45 p.m.
Philadelphia Airport: the shuttle will stop at ZONE 8 or the area where public transportation and taxis pick up (in each terminal near Baggage Claim) at 7:00 p.m.
Unaccompanied Minors: Children under the age of 15 who are traveling alone on a plane or under 16 traveling alone on a train are unaccompanied minors and are required to be accompanied by a chaperone who must sign a waiver and wait with the child until it is time to board. While we will try to accommodate unaccompanied minors, Westtown School is unable to commit numerous chaperones for an indeterminate period of time. Listed below are local companies that will provide this service to you.
Taxis and Limousine Services
- King Limousine Service (610-265-3050, www.kinglimoinc.com) offers local service as well as service to JFK and Newark ***unaccompanied minors*** (offer discount for Westtown families)
- Kevin Smith Transportation Group (621-222-6225, www.kevinsmithgroup.com) offers service to JFK and Newark
- Main Line Taxi (610-272-1000, www.mainlinetaxi.com/) offers service to the Airport
- Diamond Cab (302-658-4321) offers service to Wilmington Train Station
- Super Trans (215-333-1441, www.supertranspa.com/) offers service to JFK and Newark ***unaccompanied minors***
- Mid-Atlantic Limousine (610-431-4800, www.midatlanticlimo.com/) offers service to Philadelphia, JFK, and Newark ***unaccompanied minors***