Quaker Student Scholarships
Westtown School prioritizes students applying for financial aid who are or whose parents are members of a Quaker Meeting. In addition, there are two specific funds dedicated to Quaker students detailed below. To be considered for any of these, be sure to indicate on the SAO Westtown Supplemental form if the applicant or parent is a Member of the Society of Friends and enter the name of the Meeting.
Sally Barton Scholarship for Boarding Students
These grants are available to all Quaker students, new or currently enrolled, who meet all of the following qualifications:
- The student (or their parent) is a member of a Monthly meeting of the Religious Society of Friends.
- The student will have participated in the life of Meeting for more than one year.
- The student will have demonstrated a commitment to community and to personal, intellectual and spiritual growth.
- Students must participate in the Quaker Leadership Program for a minimum of two years.
- The student’s family must demonstrate need through the financial aid application.
National Friends Education Fund (NFEF) Tuition Aid Program
The National Friends Education Fund (NFEF), administered by Friends Council on Education, provides financial assistance for each K-12th grade child whose family are members of Philadelphia Yearly Meeting (PYM) and who demonstrates financial need.
For more information and to download an application and visit the Friends Council Education website for more information. Quaker families may complete an application, forward it to their Monthly Meeting for a clerk’s signature, and return the application to the Westtown School Admission Office by no later than February 15th.