Summer Academic Program
Westtown’s Summer Academic Program offers students a unique opportunity to immerse themselves in courses that are rigorous, collaborative in nature, and emphasize critical thinking and self-reflection that are hallmarks of Westtown School’s program.
In order to include the broadest diversity of student voices and to expand the global reach of our courses, we have intentionally designed all of our courses in an online format so that students may continue to take advantage of these dynamic courses whether they live nearby or across the world.
Summer School Tuition 2023
- $790 for .5 credit course
- $1310 for 1.0 credit course
- $530 for 2 week enrichment course
- 50% of tuition is due at time of enrollment.
- The balance of tuition is due June 1.
Credit-bearing courses that broaden students’ opportunities beyond the limits of the semester:
- Economics course anchored in principles of stewardship and sustainability
- History and religion courses that deepen engagement with diverse perspectives
- History course that examines nonviolent action as a pathway to create effective change
- World language course that launches your immersion in a new language
Courses for credit require a substantial commitment. Because these courses cover material comparable to school-year courses, students should plan to devote 4-6 hours of work daily to the materials, projects, and writing assignments. Each course is delivered in a blend of synchronous meetings on Zoom (“in real time”) and asynchronous work time (self-directed, off-camera time). Teachers offer office hours to support students with questions and individual projects.
Summer School Policies: Credit, Attendance, Fees, Refunds
Because summer courses are fast-paced —covering a full semester of material in three weeks or a full year of material in six weeks— students must plan to attend summer sessions without interruption for the full calendar. Students are not permitted more than two absences in a three-week course or three absences in a six-week course. Students who exceed these absence limits will not receive credit for the course. If students are facing an extenuating circumstance, it will be important to be in close connection with their teacher to discuss the challenge they are facing.
Cancellation Policy: Enrollment
Classes may be cancelled if they do not meet a minimum enrollment number. If a class is cancelled by Westtown, a full refund will be issued.
- If a student cancels registration by May 1, 50% of their deposit will be refunded.
- If a student cancels registration after May 15, their deposit fee is non-refundable.
Westtown Full Access students who wish to request financial aid for Westtown’s courses should reach out to Jay Farrow, Dean of Access and Equity, to inquire about availability of financial aid.