A new building was completed in 1869 to add classroom space for boys. First called “The New Building” and later, “Industrial Hall,” it has provided a gymnasium, a wood shop, chemistry and physics labs, a science museum, and even a boys’ dormitory when the original schoolhouse was taken down. This building achieved fame in 1885 when all of its 800 tons was slid 200 feet on lubricated wooden beams to make room for a wing of the new main building.