The Lane School, an elementary day school for faculty and campus children that had started in a nearby faculty home, first met in its own building in 1936. After a few expansions, it was renamed the Westtown Lower School in 1958. This 1946 photo centers on the oldest part of the building, which was built on the foundation of a stone barn that had stood on that spot for almost a century.