Upper School Athletics
An excellent athletic program has these elements: outstanding student athletes, an excellent coaching staff, first-rate facilities, and a community that rallies around its teams. Westtown has all of these components and more.
- High-caliber athlete development: We prepare our athletes for the highest level of competition, and many go on to play at the college level.
- New and emerging player development: All students participate in our inter-scholastic sports program, and all have the opportunity to learn the skills acquired by being part of team.
- Excellent coaches: We have experienced, dedicated, highly-qualified coaching staff, many of whom are well-connected to local clubs and collegiate programs.
- Teams and Programs: There are 21 varsity programs and many co-curricular, non-competitive options for our students to experience.
- Facilities: We have outstanding facilities available for every sport, including a 21-element ropes course.
- Championships: Over the last 20 years, our teams have brought home over 50 league championships, and have competed at the state level for championship and individual titles.
- School spirit: Our students and fans pack the stands on a Friday night, cheering on friends and classmates, pride in the school – school spirit brings us all together. Go ’Town! As a school, we attract the best coaches and student-athletes, and develop their talents as well as their character. Whether you’re captain of a varsity team or a beginner on the freshman team, we believe that competing in interscholastic sports instills a lifelong skillset: sportsmanship, respect, leadership, perseverance, collaboration, and dedication. Come compete with us.
Middle School Athletics
Competitive team sports and a vibrant athletic program are central to the Westtown experience. In Middle School, every student (6th - 8th grade) plays on an interscholastic team, all three seasons. We emphasize teamwork and the enjoyment of the sport, with a commitment to each player playing in every game.
The middle school teams play an 8-10 game schedule, primarily against schools that are members of the Friends' School League, the Delaware Independent School Conference or the InterAC. Our middle school coaches are also classroom teachers, building strong relationships with their student athletes in the classroom and on the playing fields.
Lower School - Physical Education Program
The Physical Education curriculum in Lower School offers the opportunity for our students to be active, have fun, and develop fundamental skills that lead to a healthy and physically active life. Our teachers provide experiences that will develop the students’ physical well being and help their emotional, mental, and social growth. The program fosters the development of a healthy fitness level, cooperative play, a general concern and respect for others. In addition to games and creative play, our students are introduced to a variety of sports and basic skills. Upper School Varsity Programs often offer clinics and skill development sessions that establish meaningful connections with our upper divisions.
Westtown School is a proud member of the Friends Schools League and Pennsylvania Independent School Athletic Association.